This year we are celebrating our 40th year in business by coming together with our teammates to support our community by participating in #40ActsofService. We’re excited to say we’ve already completed 36 out of the 40! It has been such a wonderful experience contributing to so many great causes. Here are a few that we’ve participated in since our last update:
- Samaritan Community Center Backpacks for Kids – Team members volunteered to help pack backpacks for kids filled with school supplies. The Samaritan Community Center provides these to area children going into grades K-12 before the start of the new school year.
- Restoration Village: We enjoyed being a part of Barn Bash and AIM for Advocacy, two events that raise support and awareness for Restoration Village. Restoration Village provides a safe environment for women and children in a crisis time of their lives.
- Alzheimer’s Walk: Team members participated in the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, it is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
- Habitat for Humanity: We helped lay sod for a home in Rogers being built by Habitat for Humanity, which is a nonprofit housing organization working locally and in nearly 1400 communities across the U.S. and in 70 countries worldwide. Their vision is of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Samaritan Community Center Can Drive: As a company, we collected 150 cans to donate to the Samaritan Community Center for their “Bring a Can to Work Day” drive. These donations provide food to families in need.
- S.N.A.P. Special Needs Athletic Program: Our softball team of Benchmark associates sold 145 tickets to the S.N.A.P. vs BG game on Sept. 8th and raised over $1200 for S.N.A.P. The Special Needs Athletic Program is dedicated to developing people with disabilities by teaching them to play sports activities.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Moving Day: Staff members participated in the first Moving Day event for NWA, which was a walk that raised funds to support the Parkinson’s Foundation and raise community awareness of Parkinson’s disease.
- Benton County Sheriff’s Golfing for Kids (Benefiting the Police Athletic League): Benchmark Group sponsored a hole at the tournament and entered a team to play. The Police Athletic League is a youth crime prevention program that includes the Jr. Police Academy, sports sponsorships, radKIDS, and Shop with a Cop.