Highly skilled Professional that has extensive experience and competence in the Mechanical Engineering field as well as diverse project types.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in Mechanical Engineering.
- Perform high-level and /or specialized Mechanical quality control on a variety of documents based on general guidelines set by Client and Mechanical standards for multiple programs.
- Oversee the design of specialized Mechanical systems.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle as relates to Mechanical.
- Make recommendations and decisions on design issues as it relates to the Mechanical discipline, as needed, in collaboration with the Program Manager and/or Project Coordinator.
- Serve as back-up for management as needed.
- Collaborate with Staff on the preparation and verification of design calculations.
- Provide technical training, mentoring, and guidance in collaboration with BGU.
- Analyze performance trends to determine training needs in collaboration with BGU.
- Provide performance feedback to stakeholders, including Staff, Clients, and Vendors.
- Interpret and apply applicable codes for design including collaboration with AHJs.
- Develop and implement process flow analysis based upon best practices within program teams to sustain a Quality culture, improve team efficiency, increase profitability, and share best practices.
- Interface with Clients, vendors, or other stakeholders on technical items in collaboration with the Program Manager and Project Coordinator.
- Participate and oversee the organization and preparation of necessary project/program related materials such as reports, including stamping/signing/packaging of documents as needed.
- May assist in the preparation of estimate/opinion of probable cost.
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFIs, bid questions, and submittal reviews as needed.
- Perform quality control and discipline coordination of documents prepared by project Staff.
- Write, edit, and review specifications in project requirements for inclusion in project document set.
- Assist with the managing and coordinating agreements, proposals and other contracts with Clients.
- Assist with on-going Client Relationship Management.
- Perform site observations, scope trips, and construction observations, as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Leader whose honesty and integrity provide for effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
- Empowers and inspires team members.
- Visionary for future success of team.
- Minimum of 15 years experience.
- Licensed in good standing in 3 or more states.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or REVIT platforms.
- Experience with varied systems, building types and/or Clients.
- Experienced in Costworks.
- Specialized experience in the field of Engineering systems.
- Specialized certification in Engineering related systems. [ADA, LEED, etc.]
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment for this position is in an office.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- This position may require regular travel to project sites.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.