Experienced leader within the A/E field that has applicable experience with commercial building programs. This position is responsible for coordinating cross-discipline production teams for a variety of projects within schedule, budget, and Client requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between management and Staff.
- Establish and monitor budgets, proposals, and bill reviews for various projects.
- Lead and implement process improvement activities to maintain team efficiency.
- Interface with Program Clients on technical items in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Delegate assignments to members of the team.
- Communicate with Program Manager regarding Staff Performance.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Maintain positive working relationship with PORs.
- Perform and/or coordinate quality control of project documents.
- Communicate through multiple media with team members, Program Managers, outside vendors and Clients to obtain necessary information.
- Coordinate Client/team/department projects from start to finish.
- Monitor, assign and supervise tasks for all phases of the project life cycle.
- Assist with the managing and coordinating of agreements, proposals and other contracts with Client(s).
- Generate the production schedule in collaboration with Co-Consultants, Professional Of Record and Program Manager.
- Prioritize and implement project team’s goals and objectives.
- Assist with the implementation of key decisions and action items.
- Responsible for encouraging Staff to achieve optimum performance, retention, and morale.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Staff.
- Serve as a back up to review and approve timesheets.
- Perform on-going Client Relationship Management.
- Assist with performance evaluation.
- Supervise project team members.
- Assist with training, coaching, guidance, and mentoring of Staff.
- Serve as back-up to Program Manager.
- Assist in progressive discipline actions when needed.
- Identify and communicate scope and design changes to project team.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable communications with Client.
- Perform site observations, scope trips, and construction observations, as required.
- Respond to and coordinate RFI’s, bid questions, submittal reviews and set-up change orders as needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
Must have one of the following:
- 7 years work experience in A/E field.
- 2 years of post-secondary education in Business, Architecture, Engineering or related field and 5 years of work experience in an A/E firm.
- Bachelors degree (BAArch, BSA, BSEE, BSME) from an accredited college or university and 3 years of work experience in an A/E firm.
- Journeyman or Master’s license and 3 years of work experience in an A/E firm.
Must have all of the following:
- Assist in achievement of profitability and revenue goals for assigned projects.
- Understanding of required codes for this position (ICC Building Code, Accessibility Code).
- Applicable work experience using AutoCAD and/or REVIT Architecture/Engineering software.
- Licensed Professional.
- Applicable work experience completing Energy Modeling and Energy Audits.
- Specialized Certification in Engineering or Architectural related systems.
- Experienced in Costworks.
- Experienced in Masterworks.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment is mostly in an office. Some travel may be required
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, may occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com.