Experienced Assistant that works under limited direction of a Program Manager to perform high-level administrative activities required to support multiple types of projects in multiple programs. This position is responsible for researching and coordinating the permit and code requirements of specific projects with program teams, clients, and municipalities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of administrative functions under limited supervision.
- Assist/lead team in data collections or field verifications including code calls and other items as needed.
- Enter and check data required for a project in the required database(s) under limited supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of correspondence and documents.
- Perform other administrative functions as needed.
- Utilize various office machines to include copier, scanner, computer, fax, phone, plotter, etc.
- Organize, update, and maintain necessary documentation with limited supervision.
- Organize and prepare necessary project/program related materials including reports, travel packets, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Track permits through the permitting process, beginning with application acceptance, plan review, inspections and permit closure.
- Gather and submit any and all specified plans and applications that a local building department night require.
- Interact with clients, city staff, other government agencies, and co-consultants to coordinate the city permitting requirements and processes.
- Gather additional information requested, resolve permitting issues and advise internal and external Clients of permit decisions.
- Ensure payments of necessary fees prior to start.
- Maintain working relationships with the municipality departments such as fire departments and building zoning departments.
- Manage and facilitate the issuance of building permits and architectural approvals from various municipalities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time within a given time frame.
- Ability to work with adverse array of clients.
- Address redlines, comments, and mark-ups on various types of documents.
- Record key decisions and action items resulting from meetings under limited supervision.
- Act as liaison between Managers and team members.
- Organize, lead and attend Team meetings.
- Communicate and facilitate communication through multiple media with team members, managers, outside vendors and Clients to obtain necessary information.
- Complete project activations and set-up for a variety of project types under limited supervision.
- Participate in and implement process improvement activities/tasks to improve program team’s efficiency.
- Monitor project activities on behalf of the Manager with supervision.
- Edit specifications within project requirements under supervision.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with limited supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with code officials professionally, accurately and in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or GED and 5 years applicable work experience in an office environment.
- 3 years applicable experience in Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 2-year degree in business (or related) field.
- Applicable work experience in an Architectural or Engineering firm.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Able to understand and explain a projects scope of work.
- Basic understanding of building, Mechanical and Electrical Code.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment for this position is in an office.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, may occur.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds may be required.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com