Experienced Fire Protection Designer that works with minimal direction to perform a variety of technical design activities required to design and develop elements for multiple types of projects. Knowledgeable in traditional prototypical design work and capable of completing assignments within budget guidelines and to Client standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create redlines, comments, and mark-ups.
- Apply applicable codes/fundamentals for design.
- Assist in data collection or field verification including code calls, scope trips, or other items as needed.
- Communicate through multiple media with team members, program manager(s), other disciplines and outside vendors and Clients to obtain necessary information for documents.
- Make decisions with guidance on procedures used during design process and communicate these decisions with other members of the project team.
- Organize and prepare necessary project/program related materials such as reports, travel packets, including stamping/ packaging of documents as needed.
- Participate in process improvement activities/tasks to improve program team’s efficiency.
- Perform design in collaboration with the Project team, Program Manager, Senior Team Members, and/or Professional of Record.
- Produce project documents based on general guidelines set by Client and Senior Staff.
- Edit specifications within project requirements.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete responsibilities.
Must have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Fire Protection Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and 1 year work experience in the Fire Protection field and/or Fire Protection design industry.
- 5 years of work experience in the Fire Protection field or Fire Protection design industry.
- 2 years of education from a college or technical school in the Fire Protection field or related and 3 years work experience in the Fire Protection field and/or Fire Protection design industry.
- Combination of education and experience may be considered in place of a degree.
- Specialized experience or applicable design experience in [healthcare facilities, educational facilities, churches, hospitality, retail/commercial design, energy audits, etc.]
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment is mostly in an office.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- This position may require regular travel to project sites.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org