Highly skilled, experienced Electrical Designer that has extensive experience and competence in the Electrical discipline.This position is capable of specialized design for multiple program groups, handling multiple project types, while understanding the technical requirements of the discipline. Displays leadership skills necessary to mentor and develop Junior Staff to meet Client requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create redlines, comments, and mark-ups.
- Interpret and apply applicable codes for design including negotiations with AHJs.
- Lead team in data collections or field verifications including code calls, scope trips, and other items as needed.
- Communicate with team members, program manager(s), other disciplines and outside vendors and Clients through multiple media to obtain necessary information for documents.
- Help identify potential risks/issues during project life cycle.
- Interface with Program Clients on technical items in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- Make independent recommendations and decisions on procedures used during design process; communicate these decisions with other members of the project team.
- Organize and prepare necessary project/program related materials such as reports and travel packets, including stamping/signing/packaging of documents as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of estimate/opinion of probable cost.
- Lead and implement process improvement activities to maintain team efficiency.
- Perform high-level/specialized design on a variety of projects in multiple programs.
- Oversee, prepare, and possibly approve design calculations prepared by other Staff.
- Produce a variety of project documents for multiple project types & programs based on general guidelines set by Client and Senior Staff with minimal supervision.
- Perform special investigations or oversee design regarding some specialized systems.
- Provide technical training, guidance, and oversight to designers within specific programs/disciplines. (includes development & interpretation of guidelines set by Client & Sr. Staff and Staff mentoring)
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes to project team.
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFI’s, bid questions, submittal reviews, and set-up Change Orders as needed.
- Perform quality control of documents prepared by other designers and/or other disciplines by reviewing them for accuracy and scope of work, in addition to review of shop drawings, submittals and other multi-discipline coordination, as required.
- Review and/or edit specifications within project requirements in collaboration with the Senior Staff. (Includes coordinating/confirming specific, specialty, or complex items/systems in the specifications.)
- May serve as back-up to Senior Management.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Designers.
- Serve as Discipline Subject Matter Expert.
- Assist with on-going Client Relationship Management.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Leader whose honesty and integrity provide for effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
- Empowers and inspires team members.
- Visionary for future success of team.
Must have one of the following:
- 9 years of work experience in the Electrical field or Electrical design industry.
- 2 years of education from a college or technical school in the Electrical field or related and 7 years work experience in the Electrical field and/or Electrical design industry.
- 9 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or related field from an accredited college or university and 5 year work experience in the Electrical field and/or Electrical design industry.
- Applicable work experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Specialized experience or applicable design experience in [healthcare facilities, educational facilities, churches, hospitality, retail/commercial design, energy audits, etc.]
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment is mostly in an office. Some travel may be required
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, may occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com