Skilled professional that has extensive experience and competence in the Electrical discipline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between management and Staff.
- Establish and monitor budgets, proposals, and bill reviews for various projects.
- Serve as back-up for management as needed.
- Collaborate with Staff on the preparation and verification of design calculations.
- Provide technical training, mentoring, and guidance in collaboration with BGU.
- Analyze performance trends to determine training needs in collaboration with BGU.
- Provide performance feedback to stakeholders (which includes Staff, Clients, Vendors, etc.).
- Interpret and apply applicable codes for design including collaboration with AHJs.
- Develop and implement process flow analysis based upon best practices within program teams to sustain a Quality culture, improve team efficiency, increase profitability, and share best practices.
- Interface with Clients, vendors, or other stakeholders on technical items in collaboration with the Program Manager and/or Project Coordinator.
- Interface with Program Clients on technical items in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Delegate assignments to members of the team.
- Communicate with Program Manager regarding Staff Performance.
- Assist with performance evaluation.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Maintain positive working relationship with PORs.
- Perform and/or coordinate quality control of project documents.
- Perform quality control and discipline coordination of documents prepared by project Staff.
- Participate and oversee the organization and preparation of necessary project/program related materials such as reports, including stamping/signing/packaging of documents as needed, etc.
- May assist in the preparation of estimate/opinion of probable cost.
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFI’s, bid questions, submittal reviews, etc. as needed.
- Write, edit, and/or review specifications within project requirements for inclusion into project document set.
- Assist with the managing and coordinating of agreements, proposals and other contracts with Client(s).
- Assist with on-going Client Relationship Management.
- Perform site observations, scope trips, and construction observations, as required.
- Coordinate Client/team/department projects from start to finish.
- Monitor, assign and supervise tasks for all phases of the project life cycle.
- Assist with the implementation of key decisions and action items.
- Responsible for encouraging Staff to achieve optimum performance, retention, and morale.
- Perform on-going Client Relationship Management.
- Supervise project team members.
- Assist with training, coaching, guidance, and mentoring of Staff.
- Serve as back-up to Program Manager.
- Identify and communicate scope and design changes to project team.
- Assist in achievement of profitability and revenue goals for assigned projects.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable communications with Client.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in Electrical Engineering.
- Perform specialized Electrical quality control on a variety of documents based on general guidelines set by Client and Electrical standards for multiple programs.
- Oversee the design of specialized Electrical systems.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle as relates to the Electrical discipline.
- Make recommendations and decisions on design issues as it relates to the Electrical discipline, as needed, in collaboration with the Program Manager and/or Project Coordinator.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Leader whose honesty and integrity provide for effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
- Empowers and inspires team members.
- Visionary for future success of team.
- 8 years applicable work experience in the A/E field, specializing in the Electrical discipline with a focus in commercial/facility design.
- Licensed Professional with a good standing.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or REVIT platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of required codes for this position.
- Experienced in Costworks.
- Experienced in Masterworks.
- Specialized certification in discipline related systems. [ADA, LEED, etc.]
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment for this position is in an office.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- This position may require regular travel to project sites.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org