Proficient Designer in multiple types of projects in multiple programs. Able to efficiently complete sophisticated prototypical design for multiple types of buildings and Clients with little to no supervision within budget guidelines and Client standards in a progressive manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create redlines, comments, and mark-ups.
- Interpret and apply applicable/fundamental codes for design.
- Assist/lead team in data collections or field verifications including code calls, scope trips, and other items as needed.
- Communicate with team members, program manager(s), other disciplines, outside vendors and Clients through multiple media to obtain necessary information for documents.
- Interface with Program Clients under the supervision of the Project Coordinator.
- Make independent recommendations and decisions on procedures used during design process; communicate these decisions with other members of the project team.
- Organize and prepare necessary project/program related materials such as reports and travel packets, including stamping/packaging of documents as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of estimate/opinion of probable cost.
- Implement process improvement activities/tasks to improve program team’s efficiency.
- Perform design in collaboration with the Project team, Program Manager, Senior Team Members, and/or Professional of Record.
- Produce a variety of project documents for multiple project types based on general guidelines set by Client and Senior Staff.
- Provide technical training, guidance, and oversight to designers within specific programs/disciplines.
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes to project team.
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFI’s, bid questions, submittal reviews and set-up Change Orders as needed.
- Review and perform quality control of documents prepared by other designers by reviewing them for accuracy and scope of work.
- Review and/or edit specifications within project requirements in collaboration with the Senior Staff. (Includes coordinating/confirming specific, specialty, or complex items/systems in the specifications.)
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Designers.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
Must have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and 3 year work experience in the Electrical field and/or Electrical design industry.
- 7 years of work experience in the Electrical field or Electrical design industry.
- 2 years of education from a college or technical school in the Electrical field or related and 5 years work experience in the Electrical field and/or Electrical design industry.
- Combination of education and experience may be considered in place of a degree.
- Applicable work experience with Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Specialized experience or applicable design experience in [healthcare facilities, educational facilities, churches, hospitality, retail/commercial design, energy audits, etc.]
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Located in Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
- This position will require regular travel to project sites.
- Work environment is mostly in an office.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org