Over the course of the last 7 months, our teams have combined their forces for greatness! We have completed 19 services projects, and we are well on our way to completing our #40ActsofService. Here are a few highlights of our service projects:
- Book Drive: Several organizations received books from our staff-wide book drive. We collected and distributed 360 books! Some of the recipients included: Wild About Learning Academy, Carousel Castle Day Care, The Gardens at Osage Terrace, Rogers Health and Rehabilitation, and Benton County Sunshine School.
- Rogers Humane Society: Our team contributed money to pay towards adoption fees during the month of June. The volunteer team also took time to play with the animals at the shelter.
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital of Northwest Arkansas: One volunteer team purchased and packed “family packs” full of essentials (shampoo, toothbrushes, combs, etc.) for families to use when they find themselves unexpectedly staying overnight at the Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Springdale, AR. A big thank you to Varner Family Dentistry for donating toothbrushes & toothpaste to add to our goodie bags!
- Children’s Advocacy Center of NWA: The CAC’s Annual Glow Run team needed assistance preparing goodie bags for giveaways, so one of teams filled that need. Nine volunteers spent an afternoon at the CAC offices to prep the giveaways.
- Parkinson’s Moving Day Walk Donation: BG contributed $200 to the Parkinson’s Foundation Moving Day Walk that was on held April 21st at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.