Experienced leader within the A/E field that has applicable experience with maintaining and managing the Revit platforms. This position is responsible for setting and implementing standards, efficiencies, and best practices for Benchmark Group’s Architectural team while coordinating with multiple disciplines for all Client teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will report directly to production Director.
- Responsible for master/template set-up and technical administration, as well as being fully engaged in production’s project work to maintain software skills.
- Set benchmarks for project progress by coordinating workflow and balancing workload.
- Ensure all models are compatible and BIM data is available to all project participants.
- Collaborate with the design team and other departments to identify goals and communicate procedural changes.
- Offer cross-team support for BIM software.
- Work directly with project teams in developing and updating 3D model and families.
- Assist in the company’s transition from AutoCAD to Revit as the industry continues to move forward toward true BIM deliverables.
- Detect and identify challenges with production software and coordinate problem solving efforts for the projects through the use of BIM applications.
- Communicate with various departments and managers on how to implement changes or customization, providing leadership and oversight for the flow of data with designers, contractors, and various other personnel.
- Research and install appropriate BIM software (e.g. Revit and AutoCAD) and train others in their use.
- Create BIM models and oversee their usage by architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Manage quality control for architectural databases, documentation, and best practices.
- Evaluate and choose software updates, additions and improvements for CAD/Revit tools.
- Lead team and provide support to new and current product design and/or drafting.
- Document procedures, workflows and best practices for data post-processing and modeling.
- Monitor industry trends and stay apprised of available and evolving CAD/BIM platforms, ensuring technicians are utilizing the latest and best solutions available. Continue to search for ways BG can use Revit to also move our Clients forward in the industry.
- Manage and maintain AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Revit Architecture software packages.
- Create training documentation and train users.
- Assure that CAD computers are configured properly to execute AutoCAD and Revit tasks efficiently.
- Monitor CAD system integration to assure that Engineering and Architectural Staff can work efficiently.
- Troubleshoot AutoCAD and Revit Architecture system problems.
- Develop and maintain master standard details and prototype database.
- Coordinate plotter standards and efficiencies with multiple teams.
- Work directly with Engineering AutoCAD/Revit Administrator to coordinate company-wide vision and usage of tools, serving as each other’s back-up.
- Attend collaboration meetings with IT.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD production platforms.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- At least 2 years of secondary education or work experience related to use of AutoCAD, Revit or related design platforms.
- Proficient in Autodesk programs (AutoCAD and Revit) and industry standards for these programs.
- Five (5) years of applicable work experience using CAD/BIM platforms in an Architecture firm.
- Experience in developing and documenting workflows and standards with CAD/BIM platforms, and overseeing the implementation of such throughout an organization.
- 3+ years of directly related experience implementing and managing a CAD/REVIT system and other CAD/BIM professionals in an architectural or engineering firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field from an accredited college or university.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment is mostly in an office. Some travel may be required
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, may occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com