Entry level Accounting Specialist that trains/works under the direction of the Accounting Manager/Controller, and CFO to perform basic accounting activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of accounting/administrative functions under direct supervision.
- Address redlines, comments, and mark-ups on various types of documents under direct supervision.
- Record key decisions and action items resulting from meetings under direct supervision.
- Attend team meetings.
- Communicate with team members, program managers, and other departments to obtain necessary information for accounting documents.
- Assist with the set-up of new project codes utilizing Team/Client guidelines.
- Enter data required for a project/program in the required database(s) under direct supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Participate in process improvement activities/tasks to improve program team’s efficiency.
- Organize, and maintain necessary documentation under direct supervision.
- Organize and prepare necessary materials including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes under direct supervision.
- Utilize various office machines to include copier, scanner, computer, fax, phone, plotter, etc.
- Maintain accurate record of a variety of accounting documents.
- Meet physical deadlines and process work in a timely manner.
- Meet project, team, and department deadlines.
- Provide good customer service to departments, Clients, and vendors.
- Assist in processing purchase orders, invoices, and expense reports.
- Perform data entry and filing as necessary.
- Perform entry-level reporting from accounting database.
- Utilize and follow generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Work with Program Managers to bill/invoice Clients under direct supervision.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete responsibilities.
- 2 years applicable work experience in an office environment.
- High-school diploma or GED.
- Applicable experience in MS Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Applicable work experience using Deltek Vision.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work environment for this position is in an office.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, may occur.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment.